virtual machine console connectivity

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:28 AM
Hi

I just wanted to ask, if there's any possibility to use WMI or hypervlib in a C# based application to connect to a virtual machine console like we can do from within Hyper-V Manager app. My application would be running on same box where Hyper-V role is configured.

Regards

Usman Jamil
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Hi Usman,

Not directly, but if I remember correctly the client could be used as an ActiveX control, so you may be able to embed it in your application.

If you’re only looking for a screenshot, you could use WMI to request a Thumbnail of a VM’s Console…

- Anton

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:55 PM
Hello Anton

Firstly thanks for your reply. I too am looking forward to use such an ActiveX control in my application, but don't know which one to use. Please note that I can't use the RDP control that comes with Windows and connects to a remote machine using its IP. I need the exact behavior in my application where virtual machines are connected via Hyper-V Manager console even when virtual machines don't have any network connectivity.

Thanks and Regards

Usman
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:56 PM
Hello Anton

Firstly thanks for your reply. I too am looking forward to use such an ActiveX control in my application, but don't know which one to use. Please note that I can't use the RDP control that comes with Windows and connects to a remote machine using its IP. I need the exact behavior in my application where virtual machines are connected via Hyper-V Manager console even when virtual machines don't have any network connectivity.

Thanks and Regards

Usman